Tuesday, October 30, 2007

House sells and 5 months pregnant


It appears that the Gods of Superstition were not angered by my previous hint that things were going well with the sale of our house, so I'm going to lay out all the cards now. We are under contract!!! It's unbelievable to me still. We got the offer 18 days after it went on the market, and for approximately 99% of our asking price. !!!! To top it all off, the closing date that the buyers requested is November 9. Wanna know what day we are moving out? NOVEMBER 8. This is truly a gift from God, there is no other way to explain it. With the market the way it is... more than I could have hoped for.

But we did work hard on this house throughout the years to make it sparkle, and it was a family effort. DH has spent countless hours on home improvement projects since the day we bought it. (Remember the green carpet that had exploded to cover every inch of floor? Including up and around the side of the BATHTUB. When one of the neighbor kids came trick-or-treating that first Halloween, he actually looked over our shoulders as we doled out the goodies and asked, "Do you realize that you have green carpet on your stairs?" Obviously we gave him the crappy candy. But we did take his hint and got rid of it.) My mom decorated and staged the home beautifully, she put Roger Hazard and Tanya Memme to shame. My dad was a home improvement maniac on their visits, accomplishing before we woke up in the morning more than we could have done in a month. But the ultimate hero of the sale is our realtor, who set the perfect asking price and marketed the house like crazy. (If anyone in St. Louis needs a real estate agent, BTW, I am happy to refer you to ours. Obviously she gets results!) We still have to clear two major hurdles: the results of today's inspection, and the sale of the buyer's old home, which happens on Thursday. Please oh please, let this work out!!!


A quick belly pic. This one was taken a few days ago, at just about 22 weeks along.



In two days, I will be 5 months pregnant. OMG. 5 months pregnant. There were many, many times that it did not look like we would ever get here. Just looking at those words in type sends chills down my spine: "5 months pregnant." Wonders never cease.

Overall, I'm still feeling pretty good in the pregnancy. My energy level is decent, I attribute any fatigue to relo-related stress. Lights out at 9 pm! My food aversion hasn't really faded, but I just polished off a piece of homemade apple pie (DH loves me!) and a decent amount of Halloween candy (ones that I'm sure would be left over anyway), so I guess you could say I'm managing. :) My round ligaments bother me at times as this belly grows, but if I rest, I can usually recover pretty quickly. I also periodically have a pain in my left hip, causing me to do the preggo waddle whenever I first stand up. But I've embraced the waddle, even adding my own sound effects and songs. I can either laugh or cry at the changes in my body, and I chose laugh. For now.

1 comment:

Hollyween said...

YAY! I'm SOOOO SOOO happy for you!! You must be overjoyed. I love your cute tummy too. I can't believe you're 5 months! That's unreal.

I'm going to start calling you "Headless Christine". It goes really well with Halloween tomorrow.