Monday, June 1, 2009

Crazy 8s

Last week, Beautiful Mess tagged me for the Crazy 8s meme. So let's get crazy!!

The rules:

1. Mention the person who tagged me.
2. Complete the lists of 8.
3. Tag 8 more bloggers and tell them they've been tagged.

The lists:

Eight things I am looking forward to.
1. Heading back to Michigan on Friday to spend nine days with our families!
2. Seeing my high school friend Al next Thursday, the first time in 2 1/2 years.
3. Finally meeting Lora, a "virtual" TTC buddy of several years, next Wednesday.
4. Today is Monday, so you know what that means... it's BURRITO NIGHT!
5. Taking munchkin to the park, now that he can (almost) run and play with the other munchkins.
6. The summer season premieres of Psych and Monk.
7. The two new diaper covers I ordered coming in the mail.
8. Winning the lottery on the same day I find out I'm pregnant without medical intervention! (OMG, that day is going to seriously rock.)

Eight things I did yesterday.
1. Discussed with DH how incredibly adorable, talented, and brilliant our son is; also pondered what caused him to poop four times before lunch. (Our son I mean, not DH.)
2. Taught DH how to use Calyx baby carrier so he could take Bean and Evey to the lake for a walk.
3. Covered flower pattern on Calyx with Michigan State fabric so DH wouldn't look gay. (Not that there's anything wrong with that.)
4. Grocery shopped by my fabulous lonesome while men and dog communed with nature.
5. Gulped 16 oz iced mocha decaf non-fat no whip from favorite coffee chain.
6. Got my cuticle skewered by 30-year-old Asian guy who was more interested in texting than giving me my much anticipated mani and pedi.
7. Hoped I wouldn't get infection, lose finger, and ultimately die from cuticle-skewering manicure incident.
8. Enjoyed rare girls' night out with MOMS Club, eating pizza and talking and laughing while appreciating full range of motion due to child not being superglued to hip.

Eight things I wish I could do.
1. Sew/knit/crochet.
2. Take awesome pictures.
3. Play the guitar.
4. Sing like Susan Boyle.
5. Eat healthy. (No really, I can't!)
6. Fly a helicopter.
7. Convince DH that we need a housekeeper.
8. Spontaneously conceive.

Eight shows I watch.
1. So You Think You Can Dance
2. Harper's Island
3. Family Guy
4. The Soup
5. Psych
6. Monk
7. How I Met Your Mother
8. 30 Rock

Eight favorite fruits.
1. Banana
2. Apple
3. Cantaloupe
4. Honeydew
5. Pear
6. Cherry-flavored Sour Patch Kids
7. Is avocado a fruit?
8. I don't like this category

Eight places I'd like to travel.
1. Easter Island
2. Macchu Picchu
3. Scotland
4. Paris
5. Poland
6. Breckenridge, Colorado
7. Lost City of Atlantis
8. Wherever Colin Firth lives

Eight places I've lived.
1. The mean streets suburbs of Detroit, Michigan
2. Evanston, Illinois
3. Cincinnati, Ohio
4. East Lansing, Michigan
5. Maryland Heights, Missouri
6. Saint Charles (aka "The Chuck"), Missouri
7. Suburb of Seattle, Washington
8. Please God let's stay here for a while


Tagging:
Mary, Jen, Deb, Lisa, Alana, Red, Furrow, and Coffeegrl (And you are all welcome for tagging you AGAIN -- I always tag you because I always LOVE you!)

7 comments:

Kristina P. said...

I'll second the Colin Firth comment!

Beautiful Mess said...

AHAHAHA! You crack me up! Have fun in Michigan. I have family that live in Deerborn. You can sew, you've got one up on me! Unless you sprayed that glue stuff on there and pressed the fabric down while DH was carrying Bean. If so, I'm STILL impressed! Hope your finger is feeling better.
*HUGS*

Coffeegrljapan said...

We could totally be tv buddies wait until you see my list ;)

Debz said...

LMAO @ "appreciating full range of motion due to child not being superglued to hip" !!! Too funny!!


This good deed will NOT go unpunished. I'll get this today and you WILL be sorry. Maybe not today, maybe not tomorrow, but someday..... watch your back - Shushu's gonna get you.

GeekByMarriage said...

Wait, did you mention M&M's? GIMME THE BOWL AND BACK AWAY SLOWLY!

GeekByMarriage said...

Oh and....

The Soup and HIMYM rock!

Hollyween said...

You're hilarious. And I'm all caught up. Cuz I suck at blog reading lately. It's Faith's fault.

But I'm with you on the whole 'conceiving naturally' bit. I mean, seriously! SO ANNOYING!