Sunday, May 6, 2012

Almost there....

Just checking in one last time before this little baby boy arrives earth-side on Friday!  We are now a mere 5 days away from his delivery (or fewer, if he prefers an earlier birth date), and I am... dare I say... getting excited?  Excited to meet this new person, excited to introduce him to his brothers, excited to have a squishy little newborn one last time to hug and kiss and breathe in. Mmmmmmmmmmmm, my mouth is watering thinking about his chunky little num-able legs!  Or maybe it's just the fact that we're about a half-hour late on dinner right now.  Don't keep a pregnant woman waiting on her meal.  For real, dude.

Not everything is done from my big to-do list, but it is what it is, I guess.  We are now simply trying to keep the hampers empty and the fridge full, as Grandma and Grandpa will be staying at our house with the boys while DH and I are in the hospital for as many days as I can convince the insurance company that I need a quiet, private room with cable TV, wireless Internet, and a nurse responding to my every need.  And some things from the list we are just having to hire out -- I'm taking about you, power-washing and staining the fence.

Bean is very excited to meet the baby, he continues to ask adorable questions like "Does the baby pee in mommy's tummy?" and "Is the baby wearing clothes?"  When I told him the baby was not wearing clothes, Bean nodded knowingly and said, "So he's wearing jammies."  I explained again that actually, there was nothing in mommy's tummy with the baby, not even jammies.  To which he laughed and asked incredulously, "So he's just running around naked in there?"  While Bean is eager for his new brother to join the family, we can tell there is a little uncertainty and apprehension that naturally comes along with that.  He wants to spend lots of time close to me and is even more adamant that I be the one to give him a bath, read him books at night, etc.  I hope the transition isn't too difficult for him.

At only 25 months old, the twins are limited in their understanding of what's about to happen.  But interestingly, even though they use far fewer words than Bean did at 25 months old when the twins were born, they seem to have more interest in and a better understanding of the situation.  They will point to a baby in a book or on TV or at the store, and then point to my tummy, saying the baby's name.  They will point to infant items in the house, like the bouncy seat, and say the baby's name to designate that those are his things.  We had a friend-of-a-friend visit recently with her 7-week-old baby to get some tutoring on her new ring sling, and all three of my boys were so gentle and sweet with the little one.  It will be interesting to see how it goes around here.

So that's about it, just counting down the days and trying to enjoy the last few moments that I will ever be pregnant in my life.  At this point, that can be a challenge.

I'm still not sure I believe it.  Me, four kids.  Four little boys.

But believe it or not, here it comes.

A few last pictures...

Gax sports a Beco doll carrier when babywearing (or rather, bear-bywearing).

Nix prefers a wrap when wearing his Froggy Frog.

The "nesting" bug has really hit all of us.


Gax has mastered everything about the toilet except its actual purpose.


I thought it sounded too quiet in the playroom...

Gax's new massage chair.  He likes to turn on the vibrate function and chill.

Nothing goes better with rockin' music than a sippy cup of juice.

DH took this picture while I was in the bathroom.  It's nice to be loved.
Photobucket

8 comments:

Mina said...

Oh, my, the last one is soooo familiar! And yes, that Is luuuurve... :-))
Can you believe how time flies? Ad how we are turning into boring you know, grown- UPS who say boring stuff like "children grow up in a blink" and "time flies" and "where is my baaaby gone" and so on? That so does not fit the barely-out-of-teenagehood sassy girls inside, am I right?
Anyway, best of luck, dear, enjoy the birth, inhale that newborn smell as much as you can and post when you get time. This year, preferably. If you can. :-)
Thinking of you.

Mrs. Gamgee said...

I can't believe we're both so close to the end. It seems so surreal.

As much as I'm looking forward to this little Halfling making his/her appearance on Thursday (and to not being pregnant any more), I'm trying to remind myself that this is the last time I will be experiencing these things.

Blessings on you and your family as you prepare to meet your new little one!

Kristina P. said...

I hope you can get some rest in!

Stef said...

oh my gosh, you're so close!! I'm excited for you. You're gonna be one busy Mama {you didn't know that until I told you, right?!} and yet its gonna be the best kind of busy.
Someday you'll look back at pictures from these days and be amazed at yourself in brand new ways. I already do that when I look back at pics of my 1st 3 when they were all babies. Crazy.

The last picture of the boys at the bathroom door is priceless. I used to sit outside the bathroom door and talk to my Mom ... you know, keep her company since she was clearly lonely in there. She would say "when I'm on the potty, don't call me Mommy!"
and I never understood why... until about a year ago. It all made total sense to me :)

Stef said...

oh my gosh, you're so close!! I'm excited for you. You're gonna be one busy Mama {you didn't know that until I told you, right?!} and yet its gonna be the best kind of busy.
Someday you'll look back at pictures from these days and be amazed at yourself in brand new ways. I already do that when I look back at pics of my 1st 3 when they were all babies. Crazy.

The last picture of the boys at the bathroom door is priceless. I used to sit outside the bathroom door and talk to my Mom ... you know, keep her company since she was clearly lonely in there. She would say "when I'm on the potty, don't call me Mommy!"
and I never understood why... until about a year ago. It all made total sense to me :)

AJ said...

You must have had the door locked because my boys would just walk right in! Only a couple more days - I will be thinking about you. Best wishes!

Lisa said...

Can't believe it's already time...and that you will have FOUR little boys! Amazing how things can change in just a few years! I am sure it will be an adjustment for all, but I know the boys will be wonderful big brothers! Enjoy these last few days and prayers for a healthy delivery on Friday!

Sarah said...

Love love love the Bean sayings and that last photo! Just too funny and not to mention so relatable! A great read to end the night! Cannot wait for the arrival of the little muffin! Best of luck to you in the next few days. I pray everything goes really well. Love, Sarah