Thursday, October 16, 2008

Sickos

It finally happened, the moment I have been dreading for months. We are all sick. My best guess is that Bean picked up a cold from preschool and then gave it to me and DH. But when I took Bean to see the nurse on Monday, she found no trace of a cold and said it was teething. Whatever the case, he's definitely teething, possibly recovering from a cold, and possibly having a growth spurt. The result is a crabby baby who eats constantly -- every 1.5 to 2 hours all day and all night. Think that sounds bad enough? Adding to the fun, DH is on a business trip this week. So while all I want to do is curl up under my covers in a NyQuil-induced haze, I'm forced to suffer with the sniffling, sneezing, coughing, aching, fever, worst-sleep-I-ever-got while I try to care for Bean around the clock. Hear that? It may be the sound of the world's saddest song being played on the world's smallest violin. Well, I'm thankful that dogs can't catch a cold, at least.

The latest and greatest. As we are currently in survival mode, there is not much more to report. Bean's first tooth has a new companion that is almost entirely broken through. (Picture to follow when I can get a good one -- they are elusive buggers.) He is still so incredibly picky with solids that I resigned myself to purchase copious amounts of organic sweet potato baby food that I will use until he's old enough to tell me what else sounds good. We introduced a sippy cup with water, although he prefers to chew on the spout while the water dribbles down his chin. I had to wait in a very slow line at Kohl's the other day and the manager took an extra 15% off the already low sale price of the two tops I was purchasing. I immediately took some of that savings to Starbucks, where I indulged in a salted caramel hot chocolate. Yep, that's about it for excitement around here.

Special deliveries. No, I'm not talking about my new sling that is so comfortable and convenient that I would marry it, or the pants my mom sent me that are so comfortable and convenient that I would wear them down the aisle. Think much cuter and with more spit-up. Congratulations to my friend Allison, whose new baby Nathan is so agreeable that he practically crawled out on his own. Every woman should be so lucky! Jen also recently got to meet her little girl Jillian, who was stubborn like Bean and required an eviction. Both gorgeous, if you need some additional sweetness in your day.

Speaking of additional sweetness...

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Awww too cute, I love the pumpkin shirt!

Sorry you both have the sickies, it stinks! Hope you all feel better soon!

Lisa said...

Hope you guys get to feeling better soon!!! And adorable pics of Danny as always! :)

Debz said...

What a cutie!! And in pics 4 and 7 (I think they were), he looks like he is taking right after the dog - lol. Tongue wagging and all.
:)