Wednesday, March 25, 2009

Getting better... maybe?

It's still a mixed bag at our house, but I would say things are improving overall. Bean has gotten over his cold/croup/whateverthatwas. Although now he's been acting very grumpy the past couple of days, I'm wondering if he's teething again? (I hope so, because I am at a total loss as to what else could be bothering him, and something definitely is.) My sinuses are still plugged, but only about 85% instead of 105% like before. My forehead no longer hurts when I touch it. Poor DH is probably doing the worst of all of us. He caught the bug too, but instead of getting cared for by yours truly, he's off Being Important in another state. Poor guy!

The mailman has been good to me, too. He brought me the free bag I won from Zinny Lou Totes:

It's sooo cute, I love it. I use it as a combo diaper bag & purse now that Bean is a little older. So I no longer scream I! HAVE! A! BABY! WITH! ME! as I lug around huge, bulging bags full of supplies everywhere we go. I am so cool. Although I will probably regret that the time we are out and I really need a fourth change of clothes, duct tape, spaghetti strainer, and a handmade llama-hair blanket for him. The mailman also brought me the cutest sweatshirt I ordered from MamaBargains.com. I went with the 18 month size so he can wear it in the fall, it's a gray hoodie (no strings!) with a stegosaurus on it and it glows in the dark. It sells at Nordstrom for $35 and I got it for $10.50. I am so thrifty. I am also so humble, apparently. Anyway, next the mailman is going to bring me a cookbook called "Toddler Cafe: Fast, Healthy, and Fun Ways to Feed Even the Pickiest Eater" (hey, I had a gift card to use up!). The word in the title that had me sold was "Fast," because I really don't like spending a lot of time in the kitchen. No, it's not because I'm a Busy Mom on the Go. It's because I'm a Lazy Mom Who Hates Cooking. I find the preparation of meals to be a huge waste of time. Eating the meals, however... now that's something worth doing. Unfortunately, you can't have one without the other (unless you have a personal chef like Oprah), so I thought I would invest in some inspiration. As proof that my purchase was timely, here is Bean eating dinner last night. Avocado, corn, and beans. Thrown onto his tray in three piles. He was thrilled, actually. Keep their expectations low and they are always happy.

And because you've waited long enough, here are some more pictures of my little man.

At our brunch a week and a half ago (still thinking about that omelet), we let Bean have some grapefruit when he reached for it, ready to snicker at his sour faced response. Which never came. The kid likes grapefruit! He's weird.



One of the highlights of Bean's week is when he sneaks past mommy and gets into Evey's food and water bowls. How can I complain when he feeds the dog?



He loves playing with his new birthday toys.


He loves climbing the stairs. He's quick, but not as quick as Evey, as she likes to taunt remind him as he goes up.


We were about due for another bath picture. Yes, he's still in the inflatable ducky. He likes it and I think it's funny, so I don't see a problem with it.

8 comments:

Kristina P. said...

Avocado is delicious! And that bag is completely adorable.

Michelle said...

Love the bag! I hope you all start getting back to normal, and feeling better soon.

Coffeegrljapan said...

That bag is sweet! Nothing like being the cool mom :) Peanut is also a little weird in the food department - she *loves* lemons (to suck on, chew on, etc.) Crazy.

Anonymous said...

Love love love the pictures, and that's a great meal, lots of protien and good fats, all you are missing is the margarita!!

The twinnies have that laugh and learn kitchen and still play with it every single day, good choice!!

Hope that those sickies are kicked to the curb for good soon!!

Debz said...

Love the tote! Love the pics! He's getting so big! Can you stop that from happening? Cause he needs to stay squishy as long as possible.

Feel better sweetie!

Lisa said...

ha, bean's meals look like zach's...little piles of different things! he is very into the fruit cups right now. i like the dole, no sugar added...we do peaches, pears, and mandarin oranges! He also likes veggie patties by morningstar and then i know he's atleast getting some good veggies! ;-) Let us know how the cook book is....I could be VERY interested in one myself!

And as always, Bean is adorable! Hope you ALL get to feeling better soon!

Jen said...

The mailman, UPS guy and FedEx guy are always at my house. Jeramy is quite the shopaholic. We've got a big Target order coming with furniture...to bad it is being sent to the old house in Des Moines :(

Love the Bean pics!

Anonymous said...

Cute bag and baby! I just found your blog. I am an adoptive mom who started a non profit. Please visit my website
www.parenthoodforme.org

I'll be checking in
Erica