So here's a quick review of what Bean is up to these days.
- Smiling and laughing. My favorite!
- Holding his head up. Our own personal bobble head.
- Flailing around, constantly. He won't hesitate to punch me or DH or himself in the face.
- Cooing. He's discovering his voice, and once he finds it, we're all in trouble.
- Learning to use his hands. After about 15 minutes spent staring at a plastic zebra, he reached out and touched it! My son is a genius.
- Noticing a lot more of the world. He's so alert, like following the dog with his eyes. Probably so he can protect his binkies.
- Growing. According to my scale this morning, he was 14 - 14.5 lbs. That puts him near the 75% percentile. As you can guess, breastfeeding is going well.
- Day trading. (Okay, maybe not.)
He is still nowhere near sleeping through the night. I usually get one good 4-hour stretch out of him when he first falls asleep around 8 pm. Unfortunately, I don't usually end up in bed myself until around 10 pm, so it doesn't really help me get more rest. He will go right back to sleep after eating, thank goodness, but if I put him back in his Amby baby hammock, it's only for another 1.5 - 2 hours each time. If I let him stay in our bed after a meal, I can maybe get another 3 hour stretch, if I'm lucky. The kid prefers to sleep next to his mommy, what can I say? He's three months old!
Enough chit chat, let's get to the good stuff.
Happy 3-month birthday, baby!
Don't mess with the Red Wings. Stanley Cup 2008, what's up!
I love playing airplane with my Daddy.
You're kidding, right?
No one will ever suspect the cute baby...
Awww, Evey! Did you brush this morning?
Mom, you know I can't sit up yet. Tiiiiiiiimber!
But I do love ya, pooch.
Is it Friday yet?