Thursday, November 27, 2008

Happy Thanksgiving!

It is neat to look back at last year's Thanksgiving post and remember our first weeks in Seattle as I approached the third trimester of pregnancy. Since then, we've seen a lot of changes, a lot of excitement, a lot of stress and doubt, and a lot of laughter. After years of waiting and wondering, my greatest blessing has come in a small package. I never could have imagined what motherhood would be like -- how it has expanded my world, yet narrowed its focus. As Bean snuggled into me this morning, I was struck by how there is no place in the world either of us would rather be at that moment. I have so much to be thankful for, and above all, I am thankful that God delivered this sweet person into our family.


Next year, hopefully I can be thankful for 364 nights of good sleep. Any day now, little guy...

Happy Turkey Day to you and yours!

3 comments:

Kristina P. said...

Have an amazing Thanksgiving!

Michelle said...

Happy Thanksgiving!

Kathy V said...

I love that little smirk on his face. It is so cute!!!!!