Thursday, February 14, 2008

We will miss you

This started off as a very different post last night, but unfortunately we received some sad news in the meantime. DH's beloved grandpa Pops passed away yesterday, after a battle with cancer.

What I will remember most about Pops is his warm smile -- he was such a happy man, which grew from his love of the family. He was ever the proud grandpa, always cheering on DH and his many cousins at their never-ending stream of sports games. In return, he was absolutely adored by everyone who knew him, both in the family and the community around him.

We are devastated that Pops won't be able to meet his first great-grandchild, but we are glad he got to share in the anticipation and excitement of Bean's impending birth. DH won't be able to join his family for the services because of my rapidly nearing due date, so I appreciate any thoughts and prayers you can send out to Seattle.

4 comments:

Kathy V said...

It is always sad when people lose such a valuable part of their family. I am so sorry for this loss of a grandfather. Hugs of support to you and your husband.

Jen said...

I'm sorry about DH's grandfather. It must be tough not to be able to join the rest of the family. Hang in there.

SMiLeD said...

I'm sorry to hear about your loss, you and Andy will be in my thoughts and prayers.

Hugs and Kisses

Hollyween said...

I'm so sorry to hear about your loss.

My thoughts and prayers are with you and your family.