Wednesday, February 27, 2008

No progress

A brief update following my OB appointment yesterday. NO PROGRESS! As someone who values progress in general, as well as values my own basic ability to breathe, this was a bit distressing to me. Not surprising, as I haven't felt so much as the first twitch of a contraction, but distressing nevertheless. Especially when I keep hearing about women due after me who are now holding their little ones. Sure, I'm thrilled to have a full-term baby. And it's not like he has to come today. I am just worried that between Bean and myself, neither one of us has the know-how to get this show on the road. When my OB walked into the exam room, she astutely commented, "It may seem like you'll be pregnant forever, but I promise you, you won't be." Hmmmm... while her medical degree and years of experience lend to her credibility, my dad always taught me to gather my own information. So upon returning home, I collected some preliminary research from the obvious source of infinite knowledge: google. I was first assaulted by tons of irritating articles about how Halle Berry wishes she could be pregnant forever. (Yeah, talk to me in week 40, chica.) I then found several articles claiming that the longest human gestation was 12 to 12.5 months, and one even suggesting 17 months. While I couldn't unearth any information indicating that the possibility exists of being pregnant forever -- unless you are this woman -- I also didn't run across any conclusive evidence that it is impossible, either. My worry remains.

But I digress. Back to the appointment, when the OB was listening to the heartbeat, Bean decided to show off and do some acrobatics. The doc's eyes got wide and she remarked, "Whoa! I just saw your stomach move in four directions at once! He's a strong little guy, that's for sure." Big and strong, that's my Bean. Which got me thinking, instead of him popping out with that chubby aging rockstar look, we may be welcoming a future linebacker. "Dick Butkus" has a nice ring to it, don't you think? I hope people can get over his thick mustache.

7 comments:

Jen said...

That Michelle Duggar is just plain crazy! What kills me is how she is always smiling. I'm like hello...don't you realize that you have 17 kids???

I'm hoping your Bean comes soon!!!

Anonymous said...

I know how you are feeling. I was a week late and it felt like forever. Don't get discouraged. They won't let you go over two weeks past your due date. Enjoy the time with just the two of you now! It will be a distant memory in a few weeks!

Yeah, and no kidding about Michelle Duggar! AND she home schools them all!!!! WHAT???

SMiLeD said...

Ugh, that last week or two feels like a month or two! I think I am gonna have to change my vote on the poll and vote for fashionably late. You have made such a comfy home for Bean that he just doesn't want out!! Time to make things a little less comfy!!

Hollyween said...

Oh man. I feel your pain. I thought I was gonna die that last couple of weeks. It was like a scene from Alien... only I WANTED the alien to pop out and scream. Okay, maybe that really wasn't the best analogy. I'm just sayin'.

Oh, and the Duggar family kills me. It's amazing to me that her stomach isn't hanging down to her ankles. Or, maybe it is. You know, those Spanx can work miracles.

Kathy V said...

I have to change my vote one the poll. But I did choose a few days late. Maybe Bean is going to be in there forever. I think it would be hard to carry around a toddler on the inside though.

About Michelle, Yes she is always smiling which drives me crazy. But she created the Buddy system so that the older ones take care of the younger ones. She basically has a babysitting service in her own house so not all the kids have to parented at any one time. Anyway, I think many of us would trade all the if in the world to be in her shoes.

AJ said...

I was a week late and NO progress even the day before I went into labor. So there is hope for things to just start for you and take their course. I hope Bean isn't too comfortable in there...

Anonymous said...

Hello !.
You re, I guess , probably curious to know how one can manage to receive high yields .
There is no need to invest much at first. You may start earning with as small sum of money as 20-100 dollars.

AimTrust is what you haven`t ever dreamt of such a chance to become rich
AimTrust incorporates an offshore structure with advanced asset management technologies in production and delivery of pipes for oil and gas.

Its head office is in Panama with affiliates around the world.
Do you want to become a happy investor?
That`s your choice That`s what you really need!

I feel good, I began to take up real money with the help of this company,
and I invite you to do the same. It`s all about how to select a correct partner who uses your funds in a right way - that`s AimTrust!.
I take now up to 2G every day, and my first deposit was 1 grand only!
It`s easy to get involved , just click this link http://xysofenehu.dreamstation.com/itumiky.html
and go! Let`s take this option together to feel the smell of real money