Wednesday, September 24, 2008

100th post

I may have missed my blogoversary, but I didn't miss my 100th post! The hosting site is kind enough to keep track of that for me. I swear I'd lose my head if... Well, anyway. As many a blogger has done before me, I am going to use my 100th post to tell you 100 things about myself. How many of them did you already know? I'll start off easy.

  1. I was born it Detroit (on the mean streets).
  2. I love going to the dentist, clean teeth make my day.
  3. During the first few months, I wasn’t sure I was going to like motherhood…
  4. Now it makes my heart sing.
  5. I have a goofy nickname for my DH (no, it’s not DH).
  6. I have accidentally called him that nickname in public several times…
  7. But people were polite enough not to comment on it.
  8. I could eat Mexican food every day of the week.
  9. Outside of the United States, I’ve visited Greece, Italy, Turkey, Ireland, Canada, and Grand Cayman.
  10. Sports in general just don’t appeal to me.
  11. But I do like going to see a hockey game live.
  12. I have no interest whatsoever in watching the Olympics.
  13. I’ve fainted twice in my life: giving blood and during an anti-smoking speech in high school given by a guy who had to use one of those throat vibrator things to talk.
  14. I don’t like my hair overall, but I appreciate how shiny it is.
  15. I am one of those people who will look up to see if “gullible” is really written on the ceiling.
  16. Infertility has lowered my confidence as a woman and as a mother…
  17. It has also made me more patient, more relaxed about life’s timeline, and more appreciative of small daily pleasures.
  18. I am just foolish enough to think we may not have trouble conceiving #2.
  19. I secretly love moving around the country with my hubby.
  20. I admire my parents and how they raised us.
  21. Waiting for the mail to be delivered and getting it from the mailbox makes me happy (especially on Netflix days!).
  22. I am a Certified Professional Resume Writer.
  23. I can’t keep a plant alive for any respectable length of time.
  24. I was smarter than DH when we were in high school…
  25. Now he’s got me beat (but don’t tell him I said that).
  26. I have been looking forward to my 30s for years.
  27. I wish there was such thing as an all-carb diet.
  28. My best song on the piano is Meatloaf’s “I Would Do Anything For Love (But I Won’t Do That).”
  29. I would be lost without my husband.
  30. I am often lost without my husband, as I have no practical sense of direction.
  31. I prefer to swim in a pool rather than the ocean, and the ocean rather than a lake.
  32. I love rollercoasters but recently discovered they make me sick.
  33. The Haunted Mansion at Disney World is my favorite ride of all time.
  34. I have an innate ability to accurately organize dates and times in my head.
  35. I once worked as an administrative assistant for a man running several companies out of a converted garage.
  36. I write much more eloquently than I can speak.
  37. I have mild social anxiety.
  38. I almost never fight with DH.
  39. I get great satisfaction out of keeping the house picked up…
  40. But I only use cleaning products or a vacuum if someone is coming over.
  41. I had those “invisible” braces from 2006 to 2008.
  42. I appreciate dry British humor.
  43. I get very sick when I drink even small amounts of alcohol.
  44. I have never smoked a cigarette (or anything else, like pot or salmon) in my life.
  45. I think my baby’s farts are hilarious.
  46. I hate camping but love camp fires.
  47. I eat foods on my plate one and a time – and they absolutely cannot touch.
  48. I named my first car “Cognito” so that my friends and I could travel in Cognito (how lame!).
  49. I touched a doorknob that Tom Cruise touched.
  50. I saw Jerry Springer walking down the street in Chicago.
  51. I met Peter Falk (aka Columbo) in person and he signed a book for me.
  52. I had prime seats for a WWF match back in the early 1990s.
  53. My dog is named after Natalie Portman’s character in the movie "V for Vendetta."
  54. I tried out for Hollywood Squares: College Edition.
  55. I can sing the entire “Alapalooza” album by Weird Al Yankovic.
  56. I took synchronized swimming – and I was horrible at it.
  57. I’ve only mowed the lawn once – and I was horrible at it.
  58. I get intensely grumpy when I’m hungry.
  59. I am proud to be an American.
  60. I like brownie batter more than brownies.
  61. I wish I had a stronger sense of style.
  62. I actually like doing the laundry.
  63. I had my first kiss at 16 years old.
  64. I never cried at movies until I saw “The Titanic” (I cried for hours!).
  65. I have fond memories of playing Nintendo with my brother when we were kids.
  66. People think my mom and I are sisters when we are out together.
  67. I get my compassion from my mother and my rationality from my father.
  68. I have the same first and last names as my mother-in-law.
  69. I only drive domestic cars.
  70. I had a happy childhood.
  71. I didn’t start plucking my eyebrows until the make-up lady did it for me on my wedding day.
  72. I straighten my hair every morning (it’s wavy, not in a cute way).
  73. My friend and I did a project on Port-O-Potties in high school.
  74. I am afraid of the dark when I don’t have a roommate or DH with me.
  75. Despite getting my license in the winter in Michigan, I am a horrible driver in the snow.
  76. One of my favorite feelings is climbing into bed after fresh sheets have been put on.
  77. I take long, scalding hot showers (when the baby allows it).
  78. I keep a small circle of friends – because I think they are the tops…
  79. And probably because they are the only people who will put up with me.
  80. I miss my family.
  81. When I love a song, I listen to it over and over and over and over.
  82. I wish I could freeze time like Eve on “Out of This World.”
  83. But I’m glad I can’t hear other people’s thoughts.
  84. I affectionately call my dog “pooch butt” and she’s starting to answer to it.
  85. I had a panic attack when I tried SCUBA diving and the instructor had to pull me from the ocean.
  86. I have had “The More You Know” jingle in my head for four years.
  87. I still remember being bullied on the preschool playground.
  88. I believe that nice pajamas are an integral part of a complete wardrobe.
  89. I spend way too much time online.
  90. Retail therapy works for me every time.
  91. My “love language” is gift giving. (Sadly, my husband’s is not.)
  92. I have recently become addicted to babywearing.
  93. I have lived in Michigan, Illinois, Ohio, Missouri, and Washington.
  94. I hated guacamole until I actually tried it… yummy!
  95. I wish I had more time to read.
  96. You never know when I might break out into song.
  97. I don’t like the taste of pop unless I’m drinking it to wash down a meal.
  98. Autumn used to be my favorite season until I moved to Seattle…
  99. Now it’s the summer.
  100. I never thought my life would look like this, but I’m so happy it does.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Happy 100th post!

I loved your list, there were about 10 things on there that would have been on my list too!!

Looking forward to 100 more and hopefully Bean #2 is a much shorter journey than Bean #1.