Friday, September 5, 2008

Six months

Then:


Now:


Excuse me while I be cliche for a minute.

WHERE HAS THE TIME GONE?

Seriously! Do you know? Because I can't find it anywhere.

I can't believe that Bean turns 6 months old today. He's grown so much, yet he's still so little. Sometimes I have conversations with him forgetting that he can't really understand me. But you know, he never looks at me like I'm crazy. I guess that's why we get along so well.

Not only has Bean changed, but DH and I have as well. The whole parenthood thing hit us like a ton of bricks, and we considered shipping him off to my parents to raise for a few eighteen years. (I mean, they did a good job with me, right? RIGHT?) But we stuck with it and eventually stopped feeling like incompetent oafs. Not that we know what we're doing, but we hide our insecurity much better. That's the golden rule of parenting, isn't it? Never let them see you sweat. Just blog about it.

What the little man is doing these days:

  • Sitting up (unassisted) for longer periods before smacking his head into the carpet.
  • Laughing at the dog as she walks by (must be a private joke).
  • Eating solid foods. Avocados=no. Bananas and prunes=yes. He likes to help mama bring the spoon to his mouth.
  • Smiling at daddy when he gets home from work.
  • Flapping arms up and down and smacking everything (if you read to him, he'll smack each page continuously throughout the entire book).
  • Learning first words of basic sign language.
  • Talking in squeaks and coos.
  • Reaching for and hugging mama (makes my insides all gooey).
  • Enjoying the outdoors.
  • Pointing and reaching for everything (most of which goes directly into the mouth).
  • Driving a stick shift.

Happy half-birthday, baby boy!

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Holy cow, how has it been 6 months!?!?!

Time sure does fly, faster each day!!

Happy 6 Months Danny!!! Sounds like your mama is doing a great job with you!

Jen said...

When I saw 6 months in your post, I thought no way. How on earth can he be that old already???

Lisa said...

Happy 6 months, Danny boy!!

Sounds like you are up to all kinds of neat things! Z also laughs hysterically when he sees Esther...must be something special between a boy and his dog because the same laugh does not occur when he spots the cat! ;-)

Debz said...

oh Beanie - a stick shift already!!! what a child prodigy.

what a handosme fella!

Kathy V said...

He has gotten so big and it is hard to believe that it has been six months already. Bean is such a cute kid!