Sunday, September 28, 2008

An '80s flashback weekend

On our trip to Michigan in July, my mother-in-law gave us some of the outfits DH wore when he was just a little munchkin himself. On Saturday, we had fun playing dress up. Either Bean had an absolute blast, or he's already laughing at the clothes we used to wear.



Ever since we got the pooch, DH has been dying to see her swim. On Saturday, he finally got his wish. We went to the lake to take a walk and enjoy the beautiful weather, and Evey spotted some ducks in the water. She wasn't going to let those ferocious ducks threaten us, no sir. The good news is that she actually smelled better after the swim than before. The bad news is that we had driven my car to the lake that day. Bummer.
With the appearance of Bean's budding tooth, and perhaps its next door neighbor, he has refused all solid foods lately. The first bite elicits a horrible face, and any subsequent spoonfuls are met with a closed mouth and a turned head. The pictures below couldn't really capture his distaste. I didn't have my camera out for the projectile response to the green beans.

2 comments:

Jen said...

Evie looks pretty determined to get those ducks! And I love the expressions on Bean's face. So very funny!

Hollyween said...

Whew! I just got caught up on the last 8 entries of your blog. Don't ask me how I got so behind because I have no idea. I have so many things to comment on!

First, I can't believe how big Bean is getting. Did you know that Faith weighed a whopping 16 pounds at her one year appt? I about died when you said Bean was 16 pounds at his 6 month checkup. Then I remembered that 'oh yeah. Faith is small.' Hopefully she evens out in the end.
Second, I could really use some good movie recommendations. We just got a bluray dvd player so we're all about the movies lately.
Thirdly, I love what you've done with your bathroom. Perhaps you can come and update mine!
Fourth, thanks for the credit to the h.s. yearbook photos. I spent way too much free time on that site.

And finally... FIFTH:
As for Bean's sleeping (or lack of), I FIRMLY believe that the cryout method is the ONLY way. After trying to rock two kids to sleep and not want to give in to it, I can tell you that IT WORKS. You have to be consistent and deal with two full days of pure hell. But then it's over. And both of my kids are champion sleepers. E-mail me if you need more information.

Okay. Next time I won't take so long to get to your blog. I got really behind there for a while but I'm glad to see you're doing well.

Oh, and guess what?? We're ACTIVELY TTC again. We basically have been since Faith was born, but I just recently started charting and REALLY WANTING IT. So wish us luck, k?