Saturday, September 13, 2008

Before and After

For some reason (okay, a specific reason, which weighs about 17 lbs), it's a slow process of moving in and redecorating. Fortunately, most of the colors match our existing furniture and decor. A notable exception was the downstairs bath, which was quite intolerable. This is what it looked like before.

With my mom's input and DH's labor, this is what it looks like now.

Ahhhh... much better. The second room to get a change was the upstairs guest bathroom. DH and my mom talked me out of painting it, which turned out to be a smart move, now that I see how long it took for us to get the downstairs bath painted. All we had to do was hang our shower curtain and pictures, and voila! This is the bathroom before.


This is the bathroom now. The bright colors don't really come across in the picture, but they are much more vibrant in person. You'll have to stay with us and see!


2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Very nice! I empathize greatly with the redecorating/painting process. It's been 2 years since we've moved in, and I've only painted/decorated 4 rooms so far, 7 left to go, and I'm hiring out the rest! Looks great!

Kathy V said...

Well I am glad that you are finally getting settled in your house. Both bathrooms look great. You don't always need paint. SOmetimes a little sprucing up does wonders. I think you mom and dh were right. It looks great.