Saturday, April 25, 2009

Oh, and I used to have a dog, too

MY PARENTS ARE HERE!!!!!!!!!! So of course I don't have much time to post, because I'm busy zoning out and shirking all responsibility. We are all enjoying the visit so far. (I may not be a stellar hostess, but I've got an ace up my sleeve in the form of a cute 20ish lb. giggle monster. Gets 'em every time). I love having the extra hands to entertain the Bean, I could get used to this. My Dad has knocked off more from our house project list in two days than we have in two months, and my Mom is kept busy preparing various yummy meals and desserts. DH made it back safely from his business trip, our recent 'flix (Bedtime Stories) was hilarious, and my current guilty pleasure is soooooo good I can hardly wait to curl up with it at night. All is right with the world!

In addition to hanging giant mirror sconces in the dining room, installing our kitchen cabinet pulls, hanging decorative boxes in the nursery, and redesigning our fireplace surround, my Dad has been busy helping Bean learn how to walk on his own. And read magazines.



Today we went into Seattle to enjoy brunch at our favorite restaurant. Bean was very well behaved as usual, although we had to keep catching the food he was trying to toss down to a service dog in training at the next table. Here he enjoys a fresh orange.



After brunch, we went to Trophy Cupcakes for dessert. Because nothing follows a huge thousand-calorie meal like a few hundred more calories (in chocolate form!). YUM. Although I will say that my favorite Seattle-area cupcakes still have to be Common Ground Coffee & Cupcakes. I do have high hopes for Cupcake Royale though, hopefully I'll be reporting about those very soon. Just doin' my part to spare you from subpar desserts. You're welcome. Anyway, here are the men walking up to the store.



And here's Evey, whom I haven't seen since my parents arrived on Wednesday. She has made no secret that she prefers to cuddle with them all day and night than spare a moment of attention for me or DH. It could be because my Mom and Dad give her treats and play with her constantly, or it could be because DH and I put Bean's bib on her, took a picture, and laughed as she stood there awkwardly. Perhaps both.



Even with naps (for adults and munchkins alike), we are all exhausted by the end of the day. Whew! Good night!

8 comments:

Kristina P. said...

How fun to have your parents there!

And I am always on the look out for good cupcakes places. It looks like I'm going to NYC this summer, and I will definitely be hitting the cupcake places.

Jen said...

Sounds like you're on vacation too! Well deserved.

I LOVE Trophy Cupcakes. Cupcake Royale is okay but not nearly as good as Trophy. You must try for yourself though, because there is not such thing as a bad cupcake. You'll have to tell me where Common Ground is though because I've never been there.

Is it me or is Bean's hair getting blonder and blonder?

Lisa said...

ok, the comment about the seeing eye dog totally made me laugh! I could see Z doing the same thing since he thinks our pup deserves half of his meals! Glad you are enjoying the time with the parents and the extra set of hands! :)

Michelle said...

That is great your parents are there and you are having a good time!

Oh I love a good cupcake!

Bean is just too cute!

Kristin said...

Can you send your parents to my house next? They sound really helpful!

Bean is looking so cute! That cracked me up about the seeing eye dog. Tatum likes to give the whole plate of food that I have just cut and chopped and arranged perfectly straight to the dogs and then sit on my lap and eat my dinner...the dogs are getting fatter and I'm getting thinner (well... at least it seems like I should be..)

Anonymous said...

sounds like you are having a great visit, LOVE the pic of Bean with the orange in his mouth and i'm a sucker for sleeping baby pics. and now i'm craving cupcakes ;)

Red said...

Great to hear that you are enjoying the visit.

I love the second pic - Bean is cute of course - but in the bottow left it looks like he has 2 ride on toys!

Debz said...

It's always nice when nana and papa come for a visit. And you get some excellent "hands free" time. can't beat that with a stick!

Enjoy your visit! And squish the Bean for me!